Fire Restrictions for Summit County
Fire Restrictions for Summit County have been enacted starting June 8th. The conditions for a Stage 1 Fire Restriction has been put in place in coordination with the United States Forest Service. The restrictions were put in place because of the existing dry conditions in the Summit County area. The current fire danger indices are High to Very High level and the weather forecast predicts continued dryness with the potential for high winds.
A Stage 1 Fire Restriction prohibits open fires, the use of fireworks
and the sale of fireworks within Summit County, with the following
1. Fires contained within liquid-fueled, gas-fueled or charcoal-fueled stoves or grills;
2. Fires contained within self contained outdoor fire bowls, chimneys or chimineas with screen covers on private property (if placed on a concrete or asphalt surface);
3. Charcoal-fueled fires within permanent fire pits on privately owned property if: a)such contained charcoal fire is under constant supervision; b)adequate fire suppression apparatus is available at the location of the contained charcoal fire; c)notice of the contained charcoal fire has been provided to the local fire district; and d)notice of the contained charcoal fire has been provided to the Summit County Sheriffâ€™s Office;
4. Pre-approved public fireworks displays;
5. Fires in the designated areas of the following improved campgrounds: Pine Cove Campground, Peak One Campground, Heaton Bay Campground, Prospector Campground, Windy Point Campground, Lowry Campground, Blue River Campground, Prairie Point Campground, McDonald Flats Campground, Cataract Campground, Davis Springs Campground, Willows Campground, Elliot Creek Campground, North Cow Creek Campground, South Cow Creek Campground.
It is very dry out there so be careful! We want this beautiful area around for a very long time!
Posted at 09:06PM Jun 08, 2012 by Kristin Corsette in General |